Get ready for kindergarten!
Mesa K-Ready Very Important Preschool and Parent (VIPP) program helps Mesa parents and their 4-year-olds get ready for kindergarten. The program is available to families that live in Mesa, plan to have their children attend kindergarten in Mesa Public Schools, and are considered low- to moderate-income households. Each child will have access to a tablet and online lessons to prepare them for kindergarten.
Hear from a Mesa K Ready VIPP Parent
FREE ACCESS TO:
- A tablet with online lessons to prepare your child for kindergarten.
- Internet on the tablet.
- Activities at Mesa’s museums, downtown library, parks and recreation, and Mesa Arts Center.
- Weekly contact from teachers.
- Healthy food supplies and connections to other available family resources.
- Attend an informational meeting after being accepted into the program.
- Schedule a time with the teacher to be trained on the tablet and have their child screened at the beginning and end of the program.
- Work with the child at home on the tablet for at least 45 minutes a week.
- Attend one Parent University Class of your choosing, one Feed the Reader activity and one Learn and Play activity. All activities are free.
- Attend at least one open lab session per month so you and your child can work together with a trained staff member.
- Return tablet and accessories at end of semester in good working condition.
- Live in Mesa and plan to have your child attend kindergarten in Mesa Public Schools in Fall 2019. (Bring copy of a recent utility bill to meeting).
- Reside at your current address a minimum of four months.
- Low to moderate income household. (200% of the Federal Poverty Level Guidelines)
- Child is not currently going to preschool or a formal early learning/care center.
- Child must turn 4 by December 31, 2018.
Questions? Please contact Elizabeth Mullavey, Mesa K-Ready Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-472-0315.
Mesa Public Schools Foundation